HTML5’s popularity is growing. With Adobe’s new Creative Suite 5.5, the owner of Flash has embraced HTML5, which lets developers create the same apps more or less simultaneously for the full range of mobile devices. According to an article in Barron’s, Adobe is said to be testing a Flash-to-HTML5 converter to make this even easier.
To keep you at the top of your HTML5 game, here is a list of HTML5 tutorials and cheat sheets.
- HTML5 – A Tutorial for Beginners. Review a basic tutorial to get started with HTML5.
- Simple Website Layout Tutorial Using HTML5 and CSS3. Make a simple web page with HTML5 and styling with CSS3.
- Building Web Pages with HTML5. Start using some of the new structural elements to help make sense of what’s new in HTML5.
- Coding a CSS3 and HTML5 One-Page Website Template. Leverage the semantic features of HTML5 to design and code a one-page web template.
- Implementing HTML5 Drag and Drop. Look at how to implement a native “drag and drop” to build a simple shopping cart interface.
- Structural Tags in HTML5. Use interesting and useful tags to structure your markup.
- Coding an HTML5 Layout from Scratch. Use degradation techniques to keep things in place for legacy browsers.
- How to Build Cross-Browser HTML5 Forms. Serve HTML5 forms to modern browsers, while also compensating for older browsers.
- Designing Search Boxes with HTML5 and CSS3. Design search forms, and make usable and good-looking search functionality.
- Designing a Blog with HTML5. Mark up a blog structure, and investigate new elements that allow extra semantics in web pages.
- Code a Vibrant Professional Web Design with HTML5/CSS3. Convert vibrant and professional design with HTML5 and CSS3.
- Create Modern Websites Using HTML5 and CSS3. Examine the elements and APIs of HTML5, as well as the new selectors, effects, and features of CSS3.
- Creating Mobile Web Applications with HTML5. Use aspects of geolocation and popular web services to create an interesting mobile mashup.
- “Mobifying” Your HTML5 Site. Create a mobile version of an existing HTML5 website.
- Create Offline Web Applications on Mobile Devices with HTML5. Explore web development in the mobile application space with a HTML5 example.
- Improving the Performance of Your HTML5 App. Use these tools and techniques to accelerate and optimize HTML5 applications.
- Have a Field Day with HTML5 Forms. Look at how to style a beautiful HTML5 form using CSS3 techniques.
- HTML5 Canvas Element Guide. Follow an overview of the Canvas element and the requirements of its associated code.
- How to Draw with HTML5 Canvas. Start to draw in Canvas and manipulate an existing image.
- HTML5 Video. Get a basic understanding of the video tag and its integration with other HTML5 features, such as Canvas.
- Quick Guide to Implementing the HTML5 Audio Tag. Implement the HTML5 audio tag with fallback to Flash.
- webOS HTML5 Database Storage Tutorial. This webOS/HTML5 database storage tutorial looks at HTML5’s storage capability.
- The Official Guide to HTML5 Boilerplate. A tour of HTML5 Boilerplate, with a review of each page and an explanation of when to use each snippet.
HTML Cheat Sheets
- HTML5 Cheat Sheet.
- HTML5 Visual Cheat Sheet.
- HTML5 Canvas Cheat Sheet.
- HTML5 Pocket Book.